For immediate release 31 May 2022
DEVELOPMENTS ON LEETO LA POLOKWANE PHASE 1A OPERATIONS
The National Department of Transport (NDoT) guidelines prescribe the Account-Based Ticketing (ABT) system as a fare collection method to be used for Integrated Public Transport Networks (IPTNs) bus operations. The Department has however granted Polokwane Municipality permission to utilise paper ticketing as an interim measure on its Phase 1A bus operations which commenced on the 27th of October 2021.
Leeto La Polokwane Phase 1A bus operations cover the following routes: F1 (Flora Park), F4B (Nirvana), TE4 (Madiba Park/Zone 1), and TE5B (Zone 2). As one of the ways towards increasing ticket accessibility, the City will commence with sales of paper tickets on buses from the 1st June 2022, as logistics around implementation of the ABT system in collaboration with the South African Roads Agency Limited are unfolding.
Although tickets will be sold on the buses, we advise passengers to purchase paper tickets beforehand to avoid delays during boarding. Besides this new development, passengers can still buy their paper tickets using cash or debit cards at the following Municipal Offices on Monday-Friday, 08:00-15:00:
- Civic Centre, Rates Hall (corner Landros Mare and Bodenstein Streets);
- Seshego Zone 1 Offices, (next to the Clinic);
- Seshego Zone 3 Offices, next to Kings Complex; and
- Kiosks located at Church Street Terminus Stop 509 (corner Church and Thabo Mbeki Streets), Library Gardens (Hans Van Rensburg Street, Savannah Mall (opposite McDonald, Thabo Mbeki Street) and Seshego Circle Mall.
Fares are as follows:
- Seshego to CBD, R10.00 for a single trip, R20.00 for a return, and R100.00 for a multi-journey ticket with 10 trips.
- Flora Park and Nirvana to CBD, R6.00 for a single trip, R12.00 for a return trip, and R60.00 for a multi-journey trip.
Further, to enhance customer experience on the system and make planning a journey simple, the City is also introducing a Leeto La Polokwane Mobile Application (APP) which will initially be available exclusively on the Android platform. The Mobile App will be available for download during the month of June at a date to be communicated. There are currently 54 bus stops on Phase 1A routes, and the City of Polokwane will soon install additional stops as it increases convenience.
Leeto La Polokwane operates a scheduled service, with buses running every 30-minutes during peak and off-peak. Weekday (Monday-Friday) operations start at 05:00-19:00, while on Saturdays, the service operates from 07:00-16:00 and, 08:00-14:00 on Sundays and public holidays.
Journey With Us!
Contact Malesela Maubane
Assistant Manager Industry Transition
Mobile : 083 824 9813
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Customer Care Centre: (015) 023 0055 WhatsApp: 068 554 4235
Facebook: Leeto La Polokwane Twitter: @LeetoPolokwane